The mission of Leadership Osceola County is to: Prepare, Inspire and Support Leadership for the Improved Future of Our Community.
Leadership Osceola County encourages application from individuals who have demonstrated a capacity to leadership in their chosen field, who have exhibited interest and commitment to the welfare of Osceola County, and who have potential for exercising substantial leadership in the future. Every effort will be made to ensure that appointments to Leadership Osceola County will reflect the diversity of the community. Appointments to Leadership Osceola County are limited. Not every nominee can be selected. Nominees not selected are eligible to reapply in subsequent years. Self-nominations and applications are appropriate. We encourage you to promote the Leadership Osceola Program among your friends and associates.
Please complete this application with care. Applicants will be asked to participate in an interview process.
- Step 1: Nominated individual completes application
- Step 2: Selection Committee Members interview Candidates
- Step 3: Candidates are accepted into program and notified
- Step 4: Program participation
- Step 5: Graduation and Induction into community involvement
INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- All information on the form must be typed legibly, please.
- There is no application fee.
- Your tuition of $1500 is due upon notification of acceptance.
- A limited number of 50% scholarships are available; if interested, please include a letter of request detailing need.
- Selection for the class will be based upon the information contained in the completed application and an interview with the Selection Committee.
- Representation will be sought from a cross-section of the community and will reflect the diversity of the community.
- These leaders and potential leaders will be selected using the following criteria:
- Potential for leadership;
- Achievement of goals;
- Willingness to contribute time and talent;
- Commitment to Osceola County; and,
- Contribution to overall diversity and strength of the class.
- Photographs of a professional quality suitable for publication can be supplied or photos will be taken at orientation.
- Applicants must have the full support of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Leadership Osceola 2021 Applications are due January 13th at 11:59 PM.
- Program Time Commitment
- Two-Day Retreat
- Nine Program Days
- Graduation and Induction Ceremony
|February 10, 2021||Get Acquainted Reception/Orientation||
4 – 5:30 pm – 2020 Class Orientation
|February 12 & 13, 2021||Retreat (Mandatory)||
8 am Friday – 7 pm Friday – SIMSOC & Dinner
|February 17, 2021||Environment Day||8 am – 5 pm|
|March 03, 2021||Government Day||8 am – 5 pm|
|March 17, 2021||Agribusiness Day||8 am – 5 pm|
|March 31, 2021||Criminal Justice Day||8 am – 5 pm|
|April 14, 2021||Economic Development||8 am – 5 pm|
|April 28, 2021||Education Day||8 am – 5 pm|
|May 12, 2021||Health & Wellness||8 am – 5 pm|
|May 26, 2021||Arts & Culture||8 am – 5 pm|
|June 09, 2021||Social Services||8 am – 5 pm|
|June 23, 2021||Visioning||8 am – 5 pm|
|June 2021||Graduation and Induction Ceremony||TBD – Walt Disney World Resort|