The Osceola Resort Area Council Board of Directors meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 11:30 am (meetings are closed; use contact information below for more information).
The Osceola Resort Area Council and the Kissimmee/Osceola County Chamber of Commerce are proud to promote the Kissimmee Is Me initiative in partnership with Experience Kissimmee. Kissimmee Is Me aims to create Kissimmee Is Me Ambassadors by educating front-line service providers and their leaders about Kissimmee history, the “must-sees & dos” of Osceola County, customer service, and interacting with guests from around the world.
The Osceola Resort Area Council is focused on:
- Making director recommendations for the Tourist Development Council and West 192 Development Authority board of directors
- Being the voice of the Osceola County tourism corridor as they advocate for tourist-based business in our county at the local, state, and federal levels
- Tourism Safety Seminar: ORAC contributes to this annual seminar that provides guidance on how to stay safe in the corridor by identifying signs of human trafficking, safeguarding against credit card fraud, and eliminating vulnerable aspects of businesses.
- Hospitality Scholarship: Beginning in 2019, ORAC awards scholarships to hospitality students in Osceola County.
- Donations to Non-Profit Organizations: ORAC donated money to Osceola REDI, a non-profit which provides emergency management assistance to Osceola residents who have been victims of disasters (i.e., COVID-19).
- Community Advocacy: On behalf of Osceola County individuals and businesses in the hospitality industry, ORAC lent their voice to the issues of living wage discrepancies and wage theft with the Osceola Board of County Commissioners. They also presented their arguments for the privatization of Experience Kissimmee, the official tourism authority for Osceola County, as well as voicing continued support for the efforts of the West 192 Development Authority.
- Osceola County Awards: ORAC plays an integral part in the nomination and selection process for the recipients of the Spirit of Hospitality Award which honors front-line and management employees in Osceola County’s tourism industry.
- Back the Blue: ORAC was also proud to honor the Back the Blue Award winners from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office as they recognized their outstanding contributions to keeping our community safe.